Meeting Wednesday 19th March
Post meeting ponderings ...
We welcomed 4 guests to our breakfast today, the first at our new venue in the Eastbury Hotel:
- Lorna Harvey, a clinical and analytical hypnotherapist
- Richard James, from Solicitor's Title
- Lizzie Neyland, from Neyland's Tonic Marketing Solutions
- Dean Wooldridge, from DPW Plumbing and Heating Engineers
We hope that they enjoyed their visit and will consider joining EBBX in the future. Who will you invite as a guest to our next meeting?
We also welcomed two new members who have recently joined our group:
- Emma Purcell, from Octopus Personnel
- Dan Williams, from Flooring Force, Sherborne Ltd
In a change from our usual format, we dispensed with the 10-minute presentations today and instead had what might be termed 'partner-presenting'. The idea was to spend 20 minutes with another member, each person taking 10 minutes to brief the other on their respective companies, the services provided, USPs and the sort of leads they would like to get – plus any other interesting information that could be elicited (though some of this was decidedly suspect!). Then each member presented their ‘partner’ to the group in a 1-minute presentation.
This was a fun (and seemingly popular) way of telling the group what everyone does and will hopefully be repeated at some stage in the future.
Nick advised that the committee had met and clarified procedures for joining the group, pointing out that decisions are made jointly by the 6 committee members and not by any one member individually.
Nick also asked that members e-mail him with any feedback regarding the new venue.
Martyn has emailed out a list of speakers and a door rota – please contact him if you have to change a date. Please also contact Jimmy if you need the projector for your presentation.
The social side
Alan advised of 3 socials he was looking at organising:
- 14th May – Tour of Moor Brewery, Somerton, followed by a meal at the Queen's Arms, Corton Denham
- 9th September – a golfing evening and dinner at Sherborne Golf Club
- 13th November – 10-pin bowling in Yeovil followed by a curry at the Signature Viceroy restaurant
Costs will be dependent on numbers and partners are invited to all three events. Alan will email details in due course.